PREPARE YOUR SKIN FOR THE FALL SEASON
This is the ideal time to start an anti-aging skin care regime and to protect your skin hydration before the onset of winter chapping and dryness.
Hydrate Your Skin
Dehydrated skin is a common condition experienced as we transition from summer to fall. The ambient moisture is significantly reduced at this time of the year which indoor heating further compounds. Dehydrated skin lacks water and does not discriminate between dry, combination or oily skin types. Sufficient water intake is critical in maintaining body health, but in itself will not correct surface dehydration. The key to treating dehydrated skin lies in replenishing moisture and preventing further water loss.
Quench your skin with these simple and effective tips for restoring and maintaining moisture balance:
- Use a moderately rich creamy cleanser. Avoid using products from the sodium laurel sulfate family as they are know irritants.
- Apply hydrating and moisturizing products on dampened skin within 60 seconds of cleansing your face to lock in moisture.
- Limit your time bathing or rinsing your skin as too much water damages and weakens your skin barrier and leads to dehydration.
- Wash your face with lukewarm water and avoid hot showers.
- Apply a water-based hydrating toner that has beneficial ingredients such as anti-oxidants and skin-restorative substances.
- Increase application of serums; they are water-based, and have smaller sized molecules that penetrate deeper.
- Exfoliate your skin regularly but gently. Use an (alpha hydroxy or beta-hydroxy) to help facilitate normal skin cell turn over.
- Invest in a warm-mist humidifier and use it nightly.
Choose hydrating substances which can:
- bind moisture and retain it.
- create a barrier between your skin and the environment to prevent evaporation.
- Look for hyaluronic acid, glycerine, sodium pca, aloe vera, alpha-hydroxy acids, propylene, allantoin, sodium hyaluronate, squalene and jojoba oils in your skin care products.
Repair Sun Damage
Most sun damage occurs during the summer months. I recommend receiving a facial with a glycolic peel and using products that contain Vitamin C. Vitamin C is an anti-aging superstar and is one of the most effective ingredients to use on sun damaged skin.
- Skin Script Pomegranate Anti-Oxidant Cleanser: A creamy cleanser infused with a wide array of anti-oxidants, and emollient oils to restore and protect the skin.
- Skin Script’s “Award Winning” Cucumber Hydrating Toner with “Heavy Water” and Hyaluronic Acid delivers moisture deep in to the skin. Contains high concentrations of Omega 6 essential fatty acid and hydrating benefits.
- Circadia Vitamin C Reversal: this age defying serum contains the most active form of Vitamin C (magnesium ascorbyl phosphate) to increase firmness and neutralize free radicals. It also contains hyaluronic acid and Vitamin B5 to hydrate, plump and sooth. This elegant formula glides on beautifully and leaving skin velvety smooth and radiant. A true “miracle worker!” Introductory special through 11/15.
- Skin Script Glycolic/Retinol Pads: designed to gently and progressively renew the skin providing brightening, clarifying and restorative benefits. Contains natural skin lighteners to inhibit melanin production and reduce pigmentation.
- Oxygen Botanicals Super Hydrating Moisturizer: This nourishing, non-greasy, and emollient formula prevents moisture loss with orchid oil and hyaluronic acid. Additionally, it is infused with pure oxygen. Stock up now; purchase 2 jars and received 20% off your second jar.